Is Sage 50 Accounts 2011 right for me?
Sage 50 Accounts 2011 lets you to manage your customers and suppliers more professionally, and flexible reports will give you quick and easy insight into your finances. It includes:
- Nominal Ledger, VAT Ledger, Profit, Loss and Balance Sheets - everything you need to keep your finances ticking over
- Manage your quotations, invoices and orders electronically – send and receive them via email.
- Manage your VAT - prepare, reconcile & adjust your VAT returns before submitting online to HMRC.
- Flexible payment methods to keep your cash flow healthy & suppliers happy: cheque, BACS or e-payment.
- In-built diary and dashboard lets you instantly view your credit position & highlight any debts.
- Track your communications with up-to-the-minute records and customer & supplier histories.
- Create product records, see sales trends and analyse monthly sales patterns.
- Forecast for the future & manage your budget, process refunds & apply flexible discounts.
- Easy bank reconciliation - update balances & complete receipts and refunds on one printable screen.
- Cash register - bank and cash takings, track discrepancies and manage your float.
- Integrate with Microsoft Excel and run batch reports, and customise them with our Report Designer.
- Sage Pay ‘pay now’ option - Sage Pay users can add ‘Pay now’ buttons to your invoices for instant online payment.
- Create barcodes - track and trace products and documents to speed up stock management.
- Data Import Wizard - get information into Sage 50 Accounts 2011 in 5 simple steps.
Features and Benefits
- Based on your feedback we continue to develop the little things that make a big difference, including raising a credit note directly from an invoice, saving user preferences; sort and filter customer and supplier information, and edit recurring entry dates without creating a new entry
- Generate invoices, quotes, orders or proformas for your customers:
- You can choose whether you want to turn a quotation into an order, invoice, keep the quotation for your records, or save to use again in the future.
- Sage Pay ‘pay now’ option
- Add ‘pay now’ buttons to your PDF documents if you are a Sage Pay user and improve your cash flow.
- Automatically calculate the effect of percentage discounts or one-off reductions and display the information clearly on your invoices.
- Store all of your VAT information and actions in one place, to make preparing, generating, reconciling, adjusting and submitting your VAT returns easy. And because Sage 50 Accounts 2011 has been fully tested and achieved recognition for filing VAT returns online (VAT 100 and VAT 101) from HMRC, you can be sure everything's done by the book.
- Flat rate VAT - New for 2011!
- Set up and manage businesses on both invoice and cash-based flat-rate VAT schemes. Calculate the savings or losses of flat-rate compared to standard VAT, so you know what’s best.
- See an instant view of the credit position of your business. You can see where your money is, how old your customer or supplier debt is, what's due, what's overdue, what's disputed, what's promised to pay and what's still to be allocated - all in one place.
- Create at a glance summaries or in-depth reports of your key business information. And with flexible Profit and Loss and Balance Sheets see more than just your monthly figures.
- See more than just your top-level figures, drillable reports mean that you can see the details behind these figures - right down to individual transactions.
- Create barcodes within the products area – a great way to track and trace products and documents or speed up stock takes and pick lists.
- Bank reconciliation - Improved for 2011!
- All the details you need on one printable screen. Print bank statements, complete customer and supplier receipts and refunds without leaving the bank reconciliation screen, saving time
- The cash register will help you account for and bank takings, track discrepancies and manage your float.
- Web store integration - New for 2011!
- Integrate your web store with your accounts. Using Sage Pay you can create new customers and products, sales invoices and receipts. Payments are downloaded automatically from your web store, saving you time.
- Microsoft Excel® integrated reporting:
- Microsoft Excel ® can now link directly to your Sage 50 Accounts data so that directors and managers can access your accounts information without needing Sage 50 Accounts themselves.
- Support for UK charities - Improved for 2011!
- Fund management, charity-specific financial reports and a chart of accounts designed just for charities. Manage your reports by fund &produce Profit and Loss and Balance sheets without the need to export data.
- Integrated Sage Services - New for 2011!
- Find out which services you can access from within your software new 'Sage Services' toolbar . Update your Sage account details and access Sage software downloads.
- Latest legislation updates
- If you trade in the EC, you’ll find Sage 50 Accounts 2011 keeps you on the right side of the law, such as changes to the way VAT returns are made for trade in the EC.
- An IBM®-compatible computer with a 2GHz (or equivalent) processor
- At least 1GB RAM
- At least 1GB of free disk space after Microsoft® Windows has been installed
- Network users only: 1Gbps network with Microsoft Windows networking
- An IBM-compatible computer with a 1GHz (or equivalent) processor
- 512MB RAM
- 700MB of free disk space after Microsoft Windows has been installed
- Network users only: 100Mbps network with Microsoft Windows networking
Performance will be improved with higher specification computers and networks, and it only possible to install one copy on a single computer.
Works with Microsoft Office 2000 and all later editions, and please ensure you have the latest Microsoft updates installed.
This product will not install or run on the Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows NT4 operating systems.
One of the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
Apple Mac compatibility
Sage software is not compatible with Apple Macs, unless you are running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 via Apple’s Boot Camp utility.